I tried these bars a few weeks ago and just had to make them myself! Unfortunately, I don’t know exactly where the recipe came from, because the original baker only had a newspaper clipping.
I couldn’t sleep the other night, so I decided to make these instead of toss and turn all night. I brought them into work the next day and got some rave reviews!
Raspberry White Chocolate Bars
Makes about 48 small squares
1 cup butter
4 cup white chocolate chips, divided
1 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. almond extract
1 cup raspberry jam (I used Trader Joe’s jam)
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and add half of the chocolate chips. Let stand while you do step 2. Do not stir the mixture, though.
3. Beat eggs in bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed until foamy. Add sugar, beating at high speed for about 2-3 minutes, until lemon colored.
4. Stir chocolate chip mixture into the sugar mixture.
5. Add flour, salt and almond extract. Beat on low speed until combined.
6. Spread half of the mixture in a greased 9×13 inch glass baking pan.
7. Bake at 325 degrees 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
8. Stir remaining 2 cups of chocolate chips into the remaining batter, set aside.
9. Melt the raspberry jam in saucepan (microwave works just as well) until melted. Spresd evenly over baked batter.
10. Gently spoon remaining batter over the jam. Sprinkle with almonds. (I chose not to add almonds to this batch.)
Let cool and cut into squares. Enjoy!