This is a great healthy casserole for a crowd! Kale, mushrooms and feta make for a delicious egg casserole perfect for any morning.
Kale Breakfast Casserole
Makes 10 servings
12 oz. sliced mushrooms
8 oz. kale, chopped
5 oz. crumbled Feta cheese
3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
black pepper, to taste
1 tsp. all-purpose seasoning
10-12 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray a glass 8×12 baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. Heat 2 tsp. olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
3. Sauté the mushrooms until they are starting to slightly brown, about 5-6 minutes.
4. Spread out the mushrooms over the bottom of the baking dish.
5. Add 2 tsp. more olive oil to the same pan, heat to medium high,
6. Sauté the kale until it’s wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
7. Layer the wilted kale over the mushrooms.
8. Sprinkle the crumbled Feta and grated Mozzarella over the vegetables. Season with black pepper and all-purpose seasoning.
9. Pour eggs over the cheese. Use a fork to gently “stir” until all the ingredients are coated with egg and the top of the casserole shows a good mixture of mushrooms and kale.
10. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the casserole is completely set and the top is starting to lightly brown.